Nissan VIN Decoder
Need More Information? Get Vehicle History Report
Bellow you can find the best companies in the world that specialize in vehicle history reports.
There are a lot of things to keep in mind when you are buying a car and our free Nissan VIN decoder can help uncover basic information. It’s good practice to run a VIN check on a potential car, so here’s all you need to know about our free Nissan VIN Decoder.
Decode Nissan VIN
A Nissan has a 17-digit VIN that is unique to the specific car. It is a mixture of numbers and letters, and each stands for a piece of information. This is a standard practice in the automotive industry, so the breakdown of the VIN is as follows.
- First three digits - Country of origin, manufacturer, and vehicle type
- Fourth through ninth digit - Transmission, engine, body, and a check digit
- 10th through 17th digit - model year, production plant, and serial number
Use our free Nissan VIN decoder to get all the information about a car in one location. You will be able to view these basic details quickly when you use this tool.
When you use our Nissan VIN decoder, you get just a taste of what is out there to learn about a car. You can dig deeper and purchase a vehicle history report from one of our trusted partners. This can uncover issues that the seller would otherwise not like to disclose.
This Nissan VIN Decoder was updated in 2023.
Nissan VIN Examples
Bellow you can find a few Nissan examples:
- 1996 NISSAN 240SX
- 1990 NISSAN 300ZX
- 2006 NISSAN 350Z
- 2010 NISSAN 370Z
- 2023 NISSAN Armada
Feel free to test our decoder with these VIN.
Our VIN Decoder Works With These Nissan Models
Frequently Asked Questions
✔️What is a Nissan VIN?
A Nissan VIN is a unique 17-digit identification number assigned to each Nissan vehicle. This number serves as a way to track and identify individual vehicles and can be used to determine the car's production date, model, options, and more.
✔️What does Nissan VIN contain?
A Nissan VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is a unique 17-digit code that contains the following information about a Nissan vehicle:
- World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI): The first three digits of the VIN identify the manufacturer and the plant's location where the vehicle was produced.
- Vehicle Attributes: The fourth to eighth digits of the VIN provide information about the model, body style, engine type, and other vehicle attributes.
- Check Digit: The ninth digit is a check digit used to verify the validity of the VIN.
- Model Year: The tenth digit of the VIN represents the vehicle's model year.
- Plant Code: The eleventh digit identifies the factory where the vehicle was built.
- Production Sequence Number: The remaining digits of the VIN represent a unique serial number for the vehicle.
In summary, the Nissan VIN provides detailed information about the vehicle's manufacturer, model, year of production, and unique identification number. This information can be used to identify and track the vehicle's history, including its ownership, maintenance records, and any accidents or damages it may have sustained over time.
✔️Where to find the Nissan VIN?
You can find the Nissan VIN in several places on the vehicle:
- On the driver's side dashboard, visible through the windshield.
- On the driver's side door jamb, where the door latches.
- On the vehicle registration and title documents.
- On the insurance card or insurance policy documents.
- In the NissanConnect app or website, under the "Vehicle Information" section.
If you are still looking for your Nissan VIN, you can also contact a Nissan dealership or service center; they should be able to help you find it.
✔️What Nissan models work with our VIN decoder?
Our VIN decoder should work with any Nissan vehicle with a valid 17-digit VIN. This includes all current Nissan models (such as the Altima, Sentra, Rogue, Pathfinder, and GT-R) and older models, such as the Maxima and 240SX.