Volvo VIN Decoder
Decode any Volvo VIN and get valuable information about its history.
Need More Information? Get Vehicle History Report
Bellow you can find the best companies in the world that specialize in vehicle history reports.
Use our free Volvo VIN Decoder to learn more about a car. This tool is quick and easy to use and will help you during your car search to know all you can about a potential car. Here is additional information on how to make the most of our Volvo VIN Decoder.
Decode Volvo VIN
Each car has a VIN. It’s almost like a fingerprint or other ID because it’s completely unique to that car. It includes 17 letters and numbers, and each one of them stands for something different. These elements are broken down as follows.
- First three digits - Country of origin, manufacturer, and vehicle type
- Fourth through ninth digit - Transmission, engine, body, and a check digit
- 10th through 17th digit - model year, production plant, and serial number
When you use our free Volvo VIN decoder, you get all of this information in one convenient location. You get an overview of a car’s spec sheet.
Our free Volvo VIN decoder is just the beginning to learn more about a car. If you want a deeper dive into a vehicle’s history, you’ll want to purchase a vehicle history report. We’ve reviewed the best options out there so you can pick the best report for you and your car search.
This Volvo VIN Decoder was updated in 2023.
Volvo VIN Examples
Bellow you can find a few Volvo examples:
- 2011 VOLVO C30
- 2003 VOLVO C70
- 2017 VOLVO FH
- 1998 VOLVO S70
- 2006 VOLVO V50
Feel free to test our decoder with these VIN.
Our VIN Decoder Works With These Volvo Models
Frequently Asked Questions
✔️What is a Volvo VIN?
A Volvo VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is a unique 17-character code that serves as a vehicle's fingerprint. It is used to identify a specific vehicle and contains information about its make, model, year, and other important details.
✔️What does Volvo VIN contain?
A Volvo VIN contains a wealth of information about the vehicle, including:
- The first three characters indicate the world manufacturer identifier (WMI), which identifies the vehicle manufacturer.
- The fourth to eighth characters are the vehicle descriptor section (VDS), which provides information about the vehicle's model, body, engine, transmission, and other features.
- The ninth character is the check digit, which ensures the accuracy of the VIN.
- The tenth character is the model year identifier, which indicates the year the vehicle was manufactured.
- The eleventh character is the plant code, which indicates where the vehicle was manufactured.
- The remaining characters are the serial number, a unique number the manufacturer-assigned to each vehicle.
✔️Where to find the Volvo VIN?
The Volvo VIN can be found in several places on the vehicle, including:
- On the driver's side dashboard, visible through the windshield.
- On the driver's side door frame.
- On the engine block.
- On the vehicle registration or title.
✔️What Volvo models work with our VIN decoder?
Our VIN decoder should be able to decode the VIN of any Volvo model. This includes current models such as the XC40, XC60, XC90, S60, S90, V60, and V90, as well as older models. However, it's always a good idea to double-check with the VIN decoder you're using to ensure it supports your vehicle's make and model.