Best VIN Check Websites
Frequently Updated Reviews & Ratings of VIN Check Websites
Shopping for a car can be exhausting, and the process is overwhelming for many reasons. That’s why more people are turning to online shopping, where they can search for cars from the comfort of their homes. You’re more likely to get a better deal if you look at several different vehicles, but unless you protect yourself from online car scams, you could put yourself at an even bigger risk.
VIN check websites are the ultimate tool for countering auto-related scams because they can give you important information about a vehicle’s history, including accurate odometer readings, safety recalls, insurance claims, and thefts. We’ve reviewed the top VIN check websites to find the best ones to ensure a positive car buying experience and get the most out of your money.
10 Best VIN Check Websites of 2023
Our Top VIN Check Website Picks
Why We Picked It
Ranks #1 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
In our opinion, carVerticle is the best VIN check website out there. The main reason for that is their quick service and accurate reports. They use efficient blockchain tools to minimize tampering. Every report contains a direct link to check the authenticity of the data. It is highly recommended due to the authenticity of the information. Also, it ensures relatively up-to-date information compared to other sites. In the end, this website provides a checklist that provides you with a real-time experience. But overall, it is more than one can expect from a report of a few bucks.
- Offers cost-effective solutions when compared to competitors.
- Uses blockchain to ensure original and tempered-proof reports.
- Updates data regularly to provide the recent-most information.
- Employs various checks to gauge the quality of data.
- Exceptional customer support with a decent refund policy.
- Pretty new to the market.
- Doesn’t provide the option to buy more than three reports at once.
Ranks #2 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
ClearVin is one of the best VIN check website, as it offers affordable and accurate reports. It provides verified information from a wide range of service providers. The customer service is very quick and responsive. The audit report covers safety recalls, vehicle specifications, auction photos, theft records, damages history, accident data, price analysis, and many other details.
An overview of various records is also provided in the summary section. The website covers the history details of various automobiles, trucks, and other vehicles. Incorporating repair records would be a great addition for the users. Also, some reports are outdated. So, regular update of data is mandatory to keep the customers informed about recent happenings with their concerned vehicles.
- Responsive customer service system.
- Free recall reports that may assist you in buying cars.
- The history of trucks and other vehicles can also be checked.
- Provide a money-back guarantee.
- Affordable and accurate reports.
- Only provide service in Canada and the US.
- Provides fewer data as compared to competitors.
- Some reports may contain outdated information.
- Site performance may be slow sometimes.
- Not all the reports carry full-scale information.
Ranks #3 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
EpicVIN is one of the rational choices among today’s VIN check platforms. It is much more affordable. You just have to pay $14.99 to get almost all the important details about your vehicle. The interface is pretty easy-to-use and engaging. The website provides you with reliable information, which is verified through NMVTIS and blockchain tools. EpicVIN is safe enough and keeps your information secure.
The service is responsive, but live chat is unavailable. Although the low pricing and reliability are the best reasons to choose this platform. What makes you wait? This platform is for you if you’re looking for maximum data on car history at a low cost.
- A cost-effective VIN check service for bulk reports.
- It offers basic information for free.
- Easy to request vehicle reports.
- Only takes a few moments to generate reports.
- It includes the most relevant details about your vehicle.
- It keeps your VIN available for other customers to check.
- Currently, the report doesn’t provide maintenance information— though they have plans to add it soon.
- Direct, timely assistance from CS would be a great addition.
- The tech service information feature is still in progress.
- The users may face loading issues in the mobile app.
Ranks #4 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
VinAudit is a good choice in comparison to other costly VIN checkers. You can access reliable information at a very affordable price. The website offers great customer support and useful vehicle details. You can also use free tools and resources. The website uses trusted sources to provide you with genuine information. Some areas need improvement, like the report should be more comprehensive. It should contain photos, extensive damages, equipment records, and maintenance records. But overall, it’s one of the best VIN check websites in today’s vehicle marketplaces.
- It gives a comprehensive overview of ownership history.
- It is the most affordable VIN checker in today's market.
- VinAudit provides a variety of free tools and lookups.
- You will get quick reports with excellent customer service.
- Reports remain in the system for about one year. You can access it at any time.
- The interface appears quite outdated.
- The report is not as comprehensive as the others.
- It only provides services in the United States and Canada.
- You are unable to share login details with others.
- VinAudit has limited resources to collect and verify information.
Ranks #5 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
AutoCheck VIN check service with score ratings is a reliable option to consider. It provides fast and easy solutions to help customers to make vehicle comparisons. The platform provides a secure environment for the users. The pricing is affordable. In addition, this VIN checker gathers info from verified agencies and leading partners. It means the authenticity of data is ensured. You will get dynamic vehicle updates throughout the package subscription period. AutoCheck has a convenient refund policy. It offers buyback protection to keep the data secured. Some portions need improvement: the free report should contain more detail, and customer support should be improved. But, overall, it is one of the best VIN check websites in the market.
- The website is straightforward to navigate.
- It gathers information from multiple databases.
- Batch purchasing of reports is a cost-effective option.
- The score feature enables the user to compare the vehicles.
- It offers Buyback Protection for paid users.
- Customer service is reliable but not much responsive.
- The price of a single report is relatively high.
- The free versions may have minor issues and not provide considerable details.
- The report does not include maintenance records.
- It does not report all types of accidents in the report.
Ranks #6 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
CARFAX is a good alternative if you want to get in-depth information about a particular vehicle. The report lets you get details about mileage, odometer rollbacks, stolen vehicle, owners, damages, and others. It is more expensive than other VIN check websites but if you want a detailed report, then it is worth spending some more bucks.
The website offers you great customer support, safe deposit options, and a flexible refund policy. The business reports offer you an 80% discount on multiple reports. Using CARFAX, you can request unlimited reports at a time. Accuracy and security are the factors that make CARFAX a better option for vehicle reports.
- Provide comprehensive vehicle reports.
- Excellent customer service.
- Collects the data from 100,000 multiple verified sources.
- Multiple reports are affordable.
- Real-time live chat is available to assist customers.
- Single reports are more costly than competitors.
- Not all damages and accidents are recorded.
- No information for comparing various vehicles.
- Some reports may contain less data about service history.
- This platform only provides vehicle info reported to them.
Ranks #7 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
If you’re looking for precise and comprehensive reports, then VINcheckup is made for you. This platform gathers data from verified sources like NMVTIS, government agencies, insurance companies, and federal institutes. So, the site is pretty reliable. It offers you affordable rates for vehicle history information. You can access detailed data about vehicle features, damages, services, accidents, liens, reconstructions, title brands, odometer readings, and many more. It also offers you excellent customer support. The payment options and the return policies are also flexible. What makes you think much? It is more than one desire from a VIN platform.
- Leading partner of NMVTIS and other major databases.
- The interface is simple & easy to use.
- Accurate and reliable reports.
- Offers VIN services in all 50 states of the US.
- You can screen multiple vehicles, like trucks, bikes, etc., through this platform.
- Sometimes the report may contain outdated information.
- Customers are mostly dissatisfied with their refund policy.
- Their report data could not replace the actual vehicle inspection.
- As compared to competitors, its data sources are limited.
- It only provides VIN services in the US.
Ranks #8 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
VINinspect offers quick and reliable VIN check reports to users after collecting data from a trustworthy platform like the NMVTIS. All the information mentioned in the notification is enough to save a buyer from getting scammed. The price for one report may seem high, but looking at the accuracy of data and speedy response, it’s justified. Only a few areas need improvement, such as adding minor damage details and spreading the website services worldwide. In addition, adding more reliable sources will further improve the credibility of the content. All in all, we found the VINinspect supportive and responsive.
- Offers free auction reports of vehicles with pictures.
- The database has information about millions of cars.
- Faster generation of report.
- Customer support service is way too efficient.
- Special discount offers for car dealers.
- Only available in Canada and the USA.
- Not accessible through phone apps.
- Maintenance history isn't mentioned in some reports.
- Collect information from relatively lesser sources which might be less precise.
- Usually collects data from relatively smaller partners, this can replicate lesser accuracy.
Ranks #9 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
FAXVIN offers reliable and quick VIN check services to users and collects their data from multiple authentic sources spread worldwide. The data provided by the website is enough to save the customer from scammers and damaged vehicles. Although the cost for a single report is relatively high, it’s justified by the top-notch services they offer. However, a few areas need a little attention, as the website can add pictures of vehicles and multiple payment options for user ease. All in all, we found it excellent and highly responsive.
- Collects data from credible government and non-government organizations.
- User-friendly VIN checking and multiple payment options.
- A detailed report about the vehicle within seconds.
- DMV VIN check service.
- Offer services to residents of multiple countries in the world.
- Sometimes there's not enough information on the damage history.
- Vehicle maintenance history isn't available for a few reports.
- Customer service is not very responsive.
- Owner identity is hidden for the domain is hidden on WHOIS.
- Lack of direct option of buying multiple reports in a single go.
Ranks #10 out of 22 VIN Check Websites
VINreport is a quick and reliable VIN check reporting platform that collects data from state-owned sources and verifies the information from various tools before sharing it with the user. The report possesses all the vehicle details to help the user make a suitable decision. You may find the price of a single report high, but we suggest going for multiple reports and saving some bucks. A few areas need improvement, like providing VIN check services worldwide and lowering the cost of a single report. Otherwise, the decoder works great!
- Collects information from credible sources like NMVTIS and other local service shops.
- Provides clear pictures of the damages.
- Trusted by Micro Trend.
- Services are limited to mainly USA and Canada.
- The cost of the single report is slightly high.
What to Consider When Choosing VIN Check Website?
You need accurate and complete information to make good decisions about purchasing and selling vehicles. A VIN check is the best way to find out everything there is to know about a vehicle’s history and value. We’ve made choosing a VIN check website easier for you, but you still need to consider these factors when you decide which one to use.
- Accurate Information. VIN check websites use various data sources and don’t always provide the same quality and types of information. You should decide what information is important to you and choose the VIN check platform that provides the best data in that area.
- Customer Service. Our reviews include information about our own customer service experiences with VIN check websites. We’ve also gathered data from online reviews and other customer feedback. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a VIN check website if you have questions. How they respond will be another indicator of the quality of their customer service.
- Competitive Pricing. You can choose from several packages when you purchase a VIN check. Choosing the cheapest one isn’t always the best way to go, but you also want to ensure that your product has competitive pricing. We’ve stacked up the best VIN check websites and compared their plans to make it easy for you to review pricing options.
- Website Security. Online scams and internet fraud are rampant. Unless you choose a VIN checker carefully, you can receive inaccurate reports, and worse, you can even put your personal information at risk. For your peace of mind, we’ve carefully reviewed the security measures that our top recommendations use. We urge you to review our findings, which can be found in every VIN check website review.
How We Tested VIN Check Websites?
We strive to provide you with the best VIN check resources. Using a four-point review process to test the services and reports of the top VIN check websites, we take a lot of the work out of finding the best one for your needs.
- We Test Their Service. Until you use a service, it’s impossible to tell how good it is. That’s why we test the service of every VIN check website by actually using it ourselves. We try out every offer on each platform and examine every aspect of their site. Then, we offer you our recommendations based on our experience.
- We Check Their Performance. If a VIN check website is glitchy or slow, we aren’t going to recommend it to you unless it offers superior performance in some other area, and we’ll always tell you if a website didn’t perform as well as we thought it should.
- We Evaluate Their Pricing Plans. Depending on your VIN checking needs, you can choose from various plans and pricing schedules. There are many to choose from, and deciding which is best depends on several factors. We made it as easy as possible by letting you know about special discounts and volume pricing.
- We Verify Their Reputation. The number one reason for our service is to protect you from scams. We’ve searched the internet to verify the reputation of every VIN check website that we recommend.
We thoroughly test every VIN check website by using it to see how they rank in all four of these areas before making a recommendation. We’re constantly reviewing and updating our recommendations to provide you with the most valuable ranking services.
VIN numbers contain a wealth of information that can help you make good decisions about purchasing or selling a vehicle, but decoding that information with a VIN check can yield various results. Whether you’re using a VIN check to ascertain the authenticity of a car dealership’s vehicle description or to reveal more about a car's history, choosing the right VIN is a matter of finding the information you need at the best price. We provide an accurate assessment of the top VIN check sites to help you choose.
We consider several factors before recommending VIN check websites by using a four-point valuation system to test every VIN check website recommended in our top-rated list of platforms. We look at the information they provide, the quality of their customer service, and how secure their data is. We also compare their pricing to other sites before making a confident recommendation. It’s up to you to decide the best VIN check website for yourself, but we’ve made it easier for you every step of the way.
Please keep in mind that we don't believe in free VIN check services. You have to invest in accurate reports. In addition to that, most free platforms in the end of everything will try to charge you anyway.
Frequently Asked Questions
✔️What is the best VIN check website?
People check VIN numbers for different reasons, and the best VIN check website for you might be best for someone else. We’ve ranked the top platforms for checking VINs to help you find the one that’s right for you.
✔️How do the best VIN check websites work?
VIN check websites offer in-depth reports about a vehicle’s history and can provide hidden information that isn’t otherwise available. Because every VIN check website is slightly different, you must find the one that matches your needs. Read our website reviews to learn more about the top-rated VIN check websites to see how each one works.
✔️Are VIN check websites accurate?
VIN check websites don’t all use the same data resources, which is why some don’t provide as much information as others. To find out which are the most accurate, check out our review to see the ones with the best and most current information sources.
✔️What is the most reliable VIN check website?
Reliability means different things to different people. Our reviews compare VIN check websites according to many categories, including data sources, website security, and payment processing.