Audi VIN Decoder
Decode any Audi VIN and get valuable information about its history.
Need More Information? Get Vehicle History Report
Bellow you can find the best companies in the world that specialize in vehicle history reports.
Check out our free Audi VIN decoder to learn more about a car. It includes information about where it was made, what type of engine it has, and so much more. You can get a lot of information from a car’s VIN, and here is all you need to know.
Decode Audi VIN
When you use our free Audi VIN decoder, you simply need to enter in the car’s 17-digit number. Our free tool will populate information about the car. This information can be broken down as follows:
- First three digits - Country of origin, manufacturer, and vehicle type
- Fourth through ninth digit - Transmission, engine, body, and a check digit.
- 10th through 17th digit - model year, production plant, and serial number
The VIN is completely unique to the car, and no other vehicle should have it unless there is a problem. Always make sure the information with the VIN matches the car you want to buy.
Our free Audi VIN decoder is a fantastic tool that can help you learn about a car, but it does not do a deep dive. If you want even more information about the car, consider purchasing a vehicle history report. These reports offer a comprehensive view of the car for a small fee.
This Audi VIN Decoder was updated in 2023.
Audi VIN Examples
Bellow you can find a few Audi examples:
- 2023 AUDI Q7
- 2023 AUDI TT
- 2012 AUDI A4
- 1990 AUDI 90
- 1992 AUDI 100
Feel free to test our decoder with these VIN.
Our VIN Decoder Works With These Audi Models
Frequently Asked Questions
✔️What is an Audi VIN?
An Audi VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is a unique 17-digit code for every Audi vehicle. This code provides information about the vehicle's manufacturer, model, year of production, and features.
✔️What does an Audi VIN contain?
An Audi VIN consists of four parts:
- World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI) - the first three characters of the VIN that identify the manufacturer and the country of origin.
- Vehicle Descriptor Section (VDS) - characters 4 to 8 of the VIN that provide information on the model, body style, engine type, and other unique features.
- Check Digit - the 9th character of the VIN used to verify its authenticity.
- Vehicle Identification Section (VIS) - characters 10 to 17 of the VIN that provides a unique serial number for the vehicle.
✔️ Where to find the Audi VIN?
You can find the Audi VIN in several locations on the vehicle, including:
- The dashboard on the driver's side is visible through the windshield.
- The driver's side door jamb contains a sticker with the VIN and other information.
- The engine block, where the VIN is stamped.
✔️What do Audi models work with our VIN decoder?
Our VIN decoder is compatible with most Audi models produced since 1980. However, it's important to note that some Audi vehicles may have different VIN formats depending on their country of origin or production year.