Peugeot VIN Decoder
Decode any Peugeot VIN and get valuable information about its history.
Need More Information? Get Vehicle History Report
Bellow you can find the best companies in the world that specialize in vehicle history reports.
Use our free Peugeot VIN Decoder to uncover what a car’s VIN can tell you. Each element stands for something specific about the car, but it can be difficult to understand if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Here’s all you need to know about using our Peugeot VIN Decoder.
Decode Peugeot VIN
A VIN is a standardized identification number that can shed light on a car’s basic information. There are 17 different letters and numbers in the VIN, and each stands for something different.
- First three digits - Country of origin, manufacturer, and vehicle type
- Fourth through ninth digit - Transmission, engine, body, and a check digit
- 10th through 17th digit - model year, production plant, and serial number
When you use our Peugeot VIN Decoder, it will break down a VIN, giving you all this information in a single place. It is free and easy to use, and you can compare it against a sales sheet.
The Peugeot VIN Decoder is a great start, but a car’s VIN can tell you even more. That’s where a vehicle history report comes in. When you run a paid report from one of our trusted partners, you can dig deeper into a car’s history so there are no surprises.
This Peugeot VIN Decoder was updated in 2023.
Peugeot VIN Examples
Bellow you can find a few Peugeot examples:
- 2001 PEUGEOT 405
- 1982 PEUGEOT 504
- 2013 PEUGEOT 505
- 2001 PEUGEOT 405
- 1981 PEUGEOT 504
Feel free to test our decoder with these VIN.
Our VIN Decoder Works With These Peugeot Models
Frequently Asked Questions
✔️What is a Peugeot VIN?
A Peugeot VIN is a unique 17-digit identification number assigned to each Peugeot vehicle. It serves as a kind of fingerprint for the vehicle and provides information about its manufacturer, model, and features.
✔️What does Peugeot VIN contain?
A Peugeot VIN contains a variety of information about the vehicle, including:
- World manufacturer identifier (WMI): The first three digits of the VIN identify the manufacturer and the country where the vehicle was built.
- Vehicle descriptor section (VDS): The next five digits provide information about the vehicle's model, body style, engine type, and other features.
- Vehicle identification section (VIS): The final nine digits of the VIN are used for unique identification purposes and provide information such as the production plant, serial number, and model year.
✔️Where to find the Peugeot VIN?
The Peugeot VIN can be found in several places on the vehicle, including:
- On the driver's side dashboard, visible through the windshield.
- On a sticker inside the driver's side door jamb.
- On the vehicle's registration or insurance documents.
- On the engine block or transmission case.
✔️What Peugeot models work with our VIN decoder?
It depends on the specific VIN decoder you are using. However, most VIN decoders should be able to decode Peugeot VINs for all Peugeot models, including popular models like the 208, 308, 3008, 5008, and Partner.