People getting scammed while buying a second-hand or old car is becoming common. However, you can easily avoid this issue by checking the VIN report of the vehicle before sealing the deal. A VIN report contains everything about a vehicle, from minor to significant damages and stolen history. This information helps buyers select the right car that stays with them long-term. Although multiple VIN report check platforms are available online, VINGurus takes the lead for several reasons.
The VINGurus collects data from top-notch state-owned sources, which is later passed through verification tools to ensure the user gets the most up-to-date and accurate information. Moreover, the best part about this report is that the user gets to see the recent vehicle picture, which helps them figure out whether the vehicle has been exposed to any external damage. But just like other VIN check websites, VINGurus also possess a handful of benefits and a few drawbacks. Let’s find out what these are!
This VINGurus review was updated on April 2023.
Here is a list of some of the best and worst of what Vingurus has to offer:
- Collects information from reliable state-owned sources like NMVTIS.
- Easy to access VIN report and user-friendly payment option.
- DNSFilter and FlashChart have declared this website safe and free from malware attacks.
- Trusted by MicroTrend.
- Detailed and in-depth VIN report within seconds.
- Provides services only in the 50 states of the US.
- Tranco says the website has a low Alexa ranking.
- Owner identity is hidden, which may appear suspicious to some users.
VINGurus is an excellent VIN-checking platform for those who want accurate vehicle information before purchasing a second-hand or used vehicle. The website extracts data from NMVTIS that is directly connected to the Department of Justice (DOJ). Hence, the data you get is free from any false information.
Besides, the VINGurus also contacts insurance and finance departments, salvage yards, auto auctions, vehicle repair centers, etc., to make their reports more comprehensive. The website provides services in the 50 states of America and has information about every vehicle from there. Overall, the VIN report of VINGurus has an easy-to-understand format and carries every little to significant detail about a particular vehicle.
Where does VINGurus take data from?
VINGurus stands out among other top VIN-checking websites because it extracts data from credible sources like the NMVTIS. It doesn’t rely on random or unreliable sources for data collection. The NMVTIS is a US-based state-owned department with data on over 400 million cars and extracts the required information from around 900 small to large authentic sources.
As the NMVTIS works under state control, the government orders different vehicle industries to report regular data to the NMVTIS, so the database keeps updating. This ensures that the user has access to the most recent information about a particular vehicle which helps them end up with the right one.
In addition, VINGurus also extracts data from other sources like salvage yards, vehicle repair shops, auto auctions, etc., to collect additional important vehicle information and make their VIN report more comprehensive. Once the data is collected, it’s passed through different top-notch verification tools to check the authenticity of the information. It saves users from getting scammed or tricked into buying malfunctioning or damaged vehicles.
VINGurus offers excellent VIN reports to users containing everything about a particular vehicle and helps them make the right decision. Another thing that makes a VINGurus VIN report more popular is that the user gets an instant discount on bulk purchases. This means even if you are short of money and want multiple VIN reports, you can’t go wrong with VINGurus. Here arere the pricing details of the VINGurus:
- One report: $14.99
- Four reports: $25.17
- Sixteen reports: $86.34
The price for a single VINGurus report is more than many other VIN checking websites available online. Still, looking at the information the user gets in one report, it’s justified. If you want a discount along with multiple VIN reports, then go for either four or sixteen reports, depending on your needs. You will get several reports for half the price of a single report.
This VINGurus report is more in demand because these prices don’t change with your state. Whether you are sitting in Florida or Texas, you will be charged the same fee. This feature allows many users to get the VIN report of the vehicle from wherever they want.
What’s covered in the VINGurus report?
The VINGurus VIN report is always in-detail and has all the information related to a specific vehicle that allows car dealers and buyers to make a fair deal. This website has data on all the cars sold from 1981 until the present. Multiple things are covered in a VINGurus Report; here are the most important ones:
- Basic Vehicle Specs. The VINGurus VIN report has very little information about a vehicle’s basic specs. These include the color, brand name, age, manufacturing date, and location of a particular car. The user can cross-match the information provided in this section with the one provided by the dealer to ensure everything is authentic.
- Odometer Reading. An odometer reading is the total mileage or distance covered by a car. You may not know this, but car sellers or dealers often scam people by changing the odometer reading. They turn the mileage to minimum or back to zero, so they can demand a hefty amount from the buyer. However, the VINGuru report shows accurate odometer readings to the user, saving them from the traps of scammers in the mask of sellers.
- Vehicle Equipment Details. This section focuses on vehicle equipment such as engine type, car bedding, doors, etc. The user also knows whether any car part has been repaired or replaced.
- Usage Details. The VINGurur report also covers the usage details of a vehicle, and the user gets to know if the car has been previously used as a government car or taxi. This helps you in figuring out how much the vehicle has been used and if it’ll be your long-term partner or not.
- Ownership Reading. The ownership history tells the user about all the previous vehicle owners and how much mileage they covered. Moreover, you also learn about the year they bought that vehicle and usage time.
- Safety Recall Check. In this section, the user learns about all the malfunctioning parts of the car or if the vehicle has anything missing. Knowing these things before can prevent you from future accidents.
- Stolen Databases. As the name suggests, the user finds out whether a particular vehicle has any stolen history or not in this section. This ensures the user doesn’t end up with a stolen vehicle that can cause future consequences.
- Damage History. If the car has been exposed to any accident and got damaged, the details will be available in this part. The user can utilize this information to leverage the dealer and get the vehicle at a low price.
- Vehicle Images. This is the best part of the VINGurus VIN report and is unavailable on many other websites. The buyer gets to see the authentic images of the vehicle, which helps them analyze whether the dealer in the condition describes the car or not. The user also gets to know whether the car has been subjected to any accident or not. In case of any visible damage, you can end the deal.
VINGurus Vehicle History Report ExampleVINGurus Sample Report
What could be better in the VINGurus report?
The VINGurus VIN report is tremendous and offers the user important information that can assist them in going with the right vehicle. However, a few things could be improved in the VINGurus VIN report to make the user’s experience better and more versatile. First, the owner’s identity is hidden, so it’d be good if the website took appropriate steps toward introducing the owner. This will add up to the credibility of the platform.
Moreover, the website offers services only to US citizens, which means if you are trying to get the VIN of a vehicle manufactured and used in a different location, you cannot access the desired information.
Another thing is that the report doesn’t cover unreported damages. For instance, if a vehicle got into an accident and wasn’t reported to the police station or any other department, the VIN report will not have information about it. Even if a vehicle is labeled as completely damaged-free, it can still have minor damages or faults. Adding this information to the VIN report can enhance the credibility of the VINGurus VIN report and make them more user-friendly.
Our VINGurus Review
Before writing this review, we personally used the VINGurus website to extract a VIN report and to get adequate knowledge about whether the website is up-to-the-mark or not. What surprised us was the quick website response, as we got our report within seconds of entering the VIN. The final report we purchased contained all the vehicle data, and the most prominent parts were odometer reading, salvage history, stolen databases, basic equipment details, usage history, damages, vehicle images, etc.
The VINGurus claimed to provide the users with the most credible data extracted from NMVTIS – a state-owned department with up-to-date information on all US vehicles sold after 1981. This claim was also valid as we cross-checked the information provided in the VINGurus report with other websites, and nothing changed or was misleading. Instead, the VINGurus report was more in-depth and contained vehicle images.
Multiple payment methods, like Google Pay, PayPal, Debit Cards, etc.., are available on the website. All these payment options are reliable, so you shouldn’t stress over getting scammed. Once the user has entered the VIN, they can get their report quickly by selecting any payment method. Overall, we found VINGurus highly credible with excellent customer service.
VINGurus is an excellent platform for collecting authentic vehicle information. Efficient tools verify this information before sharing it with the user, which ensures the user gets the most up-to-date vehicle data. All the data is collected from NMVTIS, that’s a state-owned department, and the final report possesses every single detail about a particular vehicle. You get to know everything in this report, from minor damage history to safety recalls and actual odometer readings.
We understand that price for a single report is high, which burdens car dealers and buyers, but the website offers an instant discount on bulk purchases. So, choose four or sixteen report options to save some extra bucks on multiple reports. A few areas need improvement, like showing the owner’s identity and providing services to locations outside the US. All in all, the VINGurus report is worth it and helps you in sealing a fair deal!
|Overall rank||#12 out of 22|
How to use VINGurus?
The VINGurus website is straightforward to use; however, to make sure you get the maximum out of it, we have listed the step-by-step guide below:
- Go to the Official Website. Open any search browser on your device and go to the official website “VINGurus.com.”
- Enter the VIN Code. Click on the official website, and you will be directed toward the website’s home page, where you need to enter the VIN code in the empty bar. After entering the VIN, click on the “Check VIN” option to proceed.
- Availability of VIN Information. The primary vehicle information will appear on the screen as soon as you enter the VIN. This includes the equipment details and other factual data about the vehicle, like the color, manufacturing date, age, etc. However, to get access to the complete in-depth report, you need to purchase it.
- Purchase the Report. To purchase your final report, select the package you are going with and then enter your email and date in the concerned section. Select any payment method from Google Pay, PayPal, etc., to make the purchase.
- Completion. Your final report will appear to have every minor to primary vehicle information. You can download this report to view it later.
Download VINGurus Sample Report Here
Frequently Asked Questions
✔️What is VINGurus?
VINGurus is a credible VIN checking platform with data on all the cars sold from 1981 until now. This platform shares the most recent and in-depth reports about a specific vehicle.
✔️How does VINGurus work?
The VINGurus collects data from multiple sources like NMVTIS, salvage yards, auto auctions, finance and insurance departments, etc. The customer gets the most precise VIN report within seconds.
✔️How much does the VINGurus report cost?
The price for a single VINGurus VIN report is high compared to other websites of the same category. One report costs you around $14.99, but if you go for a bulk purchase, then you can avail instant discount.
✔️What will I see in the VINGurus report?
You will see everything about a particular car in a VINGurus report. The most prominent sections are the odometer reading, safety recalls, stolen databases, essential equipment, and vehicle data. All the information in the VINGurus report is enough to save you from scammers.
✔️Is the VINGurus report accurate?
Yes, the VINGurus report is accurate as it extracts data from NMVTIS that’s under the supervision of the Department of Justice. Once the information is collected, it gets passed through different verification tools, and the user receives the most calculated data in the final report.
✔️Is VINGurus worth it?
Of course! The VIN report is totally worth it, as you can access the most crucial vehicle information at affordable rates. Moreover, the data is extracted from top-notch sources ensuring the website’s authenticity.
✔️Is VINGurus safe?
A VINGurus report is safe, as the website’s top priority is keeping customers’ data secure. The information provided to the user is hidden from others. Moreover, the payment options are reliable, saving you from all types of scams.